Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The NINTH Day of Fitness...another healthy recipe!

On the NINTH Day of Fitness, FitMePink Blog gave to me...another AWESOME recipe!


Obviously food is on my mind these days. I love eating! And I really love eating when I'm eating something that tastes good, and also has nutritional value!


One of my all time favorite things to eat is grilled pineapple! I love pineapple for all of it's health benefits (such as protection against coughs, colds, indigestion, and even blood clots. Pineapple juice is also a great post-workout recovery drink!) But even better? It also satisfies my sweet tooth!


A few months ago, I came across a recipe for grilled pineapple that I absolutely love. Here it is:


Paradise Grilled Pineapple

For the Glaze:
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch


4 slices fresh pineapple (about 1/2 inch thick)
4 scoops vanilla icecream (optional...)


To make the glaze:
In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Keep the glaze warm, or reheat when ready to serve.


Grill the pineapple slices over indirect medium heat until well marked (6-8 minutes), turning once halfway through. I actually used a George Forman to grill mine, so the cooking time was cut in half.


Serve each pineapple slice with some glaze drizzled over the top, and a scoop of vanilla icecream on the side. (Try the Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free icecream! Yum!)

No comments: