- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds)...make sure it's fresh. I've tried frozen, and it wasn't nearly as tasty!
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Cut the broccoli into spears, discarding the thick end. Steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes. (I have a steamer, so I just put it in there. You can also use a steamer basket. If doing this, bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in a large pot. Place the broccoli in the basket and add to the pot, steaming until crisp-tender). Remove from the pot. Combine all the other ingredients (besides the parmesan cheese), pour over the broccoli, stirring to mix. Sprinkle individual servings with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Seriously...the BEST broccoli EVER!