Monday, December 15, 2008

The THIRD Day of Fitness...blender mania!

Here at FitMePink, we believe that every kitchen should be equipped with a great blender! We LOOOOOOOVE blended drinks, and use our blenders every day! Smoothies are a great way to sneak in the *extras*. I make at least one smoothie a day...chock full of yummy fruit and hidden veggies!

To have a good smoothie, you need a good blender! Here are a few of our favorites:

My mom and sister have the amazing Vitamix blender. This blender seriously showed me life beyond the normal wedding-gift blender. I coveted it for YEARS. Every time I paid my mom a visit, I made smoothie after smoothie, soup, ice cream, you name it! It is amazing!

Then I stumbled upon MY blender...the Blendtec Total Blender. It does everything the Vitamix does, and is just a little more compact. It makes soup, peanut butter, grinds wheat, and makes amazing smoothies. When I first got it, I had to seriously restrain myself from making drinks for every person that entered my home. It is also the blender featured on Will It Blend?

Another blender I've never PERSONALLY tried, but have heard raving reviews about is the Magic Bullet. This personal-sized blending phenomenon is fast, easy, and much more affordable! Christmas, anyone?

I'm seriously counting my previously-this-year-purchased-blender as my Christmas. Anything else is extra! I love it that much!

And thanks to Jessica's healthy recipe submission, my family has enjoyed this quick breakfast treat every morning for the past few weeks...here it is!

1/2 to 1 banana
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 Tbsp. apple juice concentrate
1/2 Tbsp. flax seed oil
1 tsp. psyllium seed husks
1 scoop (1/3 cup) Nature's Plus Vanilla Spiru-Tein (or other vanilla flavored protein powder)

Peel banana; break into chunks. Put all ingredients: fruit and juice in blender with 12 oz. of water and ice. Cover and blend. While blending, add the oil, psyllium and protein powder through the top.

Soooooo yummy...and my whole family LOOOOOOVES it! Thanks, Jessica!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Michael said...

I would love a nice blender for Christmas...

Kimberly said...

I think Michael is the only guy I know who would really, truly love to get a blender for Christmas! That is so funny!