For you FitMePeeps who have been around for a while, you remember that I (Robyn) am not the only contributor to this blog. I know...I've missed her, too. My sister, Kimberly has had a busier year, and has accomplished more than I've done in the last three years. So I guess I'll forgive her for not writing a post for...well...at least a year! Her husband has a little break from school, and for the first time in months, she actually had some free time on her hands, so she wrote about the benefits of ZUMBA...or as she put it...ZzzUUuumMMmBAa! For those of you who haven't met her yet, she's a certified Zumba, Pilates, Step, Dance, and Power Pump instructor. Yes...she's amazing!
Zumba is a Latin-inspired, dance fitness class that incorporates Latin and international music and dance movements. The combination creates a dynamic, exciting, and EFFECTIVE fitness system! ZUMBA combines fast and slow dance rhythms that sculpt and tone the body. The cardio-based dance movements are easy to follow steps that also include body sculpting. These moves target areas such as the gluteals, legs, arms, core, abdominals, and the most important muscle in the body: the heart!
If you have never attended a ZUMBA class, the atmosphere feels like a PARTY! This healthy, fun, party-like environment makes the time pass quickly so it doesn't actually feel like exercise! The Latin music is exhilarating and exciting, so each participant naturally wants to move, and return to class again and again!
If you've never tried ZUMBA, here are some reasons to try:
- It's Fun! Zumba is exercise in disguise! Each participant has so much fun they don't even realize they are exercising.
- It's Different! The music, the steps, the moves, the class, the feel... are like no other!
- It's Easy! Zumba is designed for everyone. Participants of any fitness level or any background, or any age can start Zumba right away.
- It's Easy To Follow! Zumba is a cardio-based workout with components of resistance/ sculpting training to tone the entire body and achieve desired fitness goals.
A few of my favorite parts of class you should look forward to are:
- The Booty Circle--Fantastic moves that work the quads, butt, and core! (Not to mention, super fun shaking that BOOTY!)
- The Reggaetone Bounce--great for the arms, legs, butt, and core too!
If you're looking for some great Latin music to inspire you
and help you shake that BOOTY...here are a few of my favorites:
1. Quete Mueve
2. Santa Que
4. Ketchup Song
5. Belly Danza
Long live ZUMBA!!!
Have any of you tried Zumba? What did you think? One of my New Year's Resolutions is to attend more "fun" and less "serious" classes. Zumba's at the top of my list. Thanks Kimberly!!!