Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sex and the City Sountrack Review...I'm NESTING like crazy over here!

Hi there! Sorry I've been avoiding you, little blog. My nesting instinct kicked into high gear about two weeks ago, so I've been busy painting, building bunk beds, designing closet organization systems, forgetting dentist appointments, making homemade freezer jam, taking my son to swim lessons and soccer practice, trying to sell a car so we can upgrade to a mini van, reading hypnobirthing books, and trying to avoid my good friend, Murphy. You know, the guy that visits when you don't want him to? I'm due with this baby a week from tomorrow. My husband is running a relay race this Friday and Saturday. So I'm telling myself that the baby isn't coming until Sunday or later. For the first time EVER I'm not in a hurry to give birth!


With my first, I tried EVERYTHING to go into labor. I even resorted to drinking castor oil. With this one, I'm perfectly content to keep her inside. I feel great. I'm really enjoying being a mother of two. And my house is in shambles due to my crazy 39-weeks-and-nesting instincts, so I need a week to get my life in order!

Looming in the back of my mind has also been my obligation to post a review of an album I received in the mail, courtesty of the One2OneNetwork a few weeks ago. I have to be honest. I've never even watched an episode of Sex and the City, I didn't see the first movie, and don't plan on seeing the new one. If I HAD seen the movie, and if I'd LOVED the movie, or felt any sort of attachment to the characters and story, then I probably really would have loved the soundtrack. But I didn't see it, and I didn't love the music. There were a few fun songs, but I probably won't be rocking out to it again anytime soon. (And it definitely won't be my choice labor and delivery music...nor will I be RUNNING to it--I'm so excited to RUN again...in the near future).


But for any Sex and the City fans out there, it might be worth a listen. Here's what you'll hear:


Tracklisting:
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”


When I first saw the names of Leona Lewis, Alicia Keys, and Jennifer Hudson, I was pretty excited to get this soundtrack. And there were definitely a few great songs, but nothing I personally would fork over any money for. But that's just me.

What about you? Are you a Sex and the City fan? And more importantly...any last bits of advice before I enter the world of THREE kids vs. TWO parents? What about labor and delivery? I'm going all natural this time around if everything goes as planned. What are your experiences? Give me some POSITIVE words of advice...I'll take all I can get!

I'll let you know when the baby's here, and I'll check back in before then if I can pull myself away from the major house projects! (And good luck to reader Jill who's also due next week!)

6 comments:

Michael said...

Nope, not a Sex and the City fan--and I probably won't be buying the soundtrack either.

Jill said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes! My sweet baby girl actually came 16 days early, and this was the first time I actually wanted to have my baby early. So maybe you'll get your wish too. I also cannot wait to start running again, even though it's only been a week. I ran through my whole pregnancy, though definitely not the running I enjoy and am used to. I look forward to running without carrying 20 or so extra pounds!

Lyenna Kemp said...

I have been playing with the idea of going natural, but I'm scared to death. And anything I read about it sounds so hippy and out there. So I would love to hear how it goes, and what you did to cope. And no I'm definitely not a sex in the city fan.

Bonnie Wayne said...

Good luck!! So you are going natural? What method are you doing? I can't wait to hear :)

Jer + Lu said...

As for birthing advice, I've never gone unmedicated, but as a labor + delivery nurse I've seen it done plenty o' times... Your 3rd baby is a very good time to do it-- usually goes pretty quick! I hope you're going to a midwife + not an OBGYN-- it makes a WORLD of difference. My biggest piece of advice though would be to STAY HOME as long as possible! The staff doesn't want to sabotage your experience, but let's face it-- unmedicated deliveries are much more labor-intensive (no pun intended) for your nurse, plus we're required by hospital, FDA, and AWHONN policies + procedures to do certain things-- like monitor your baby, have IV access, and not let you deliver in the tub. Of course you can refuse anything you want, but keep in mind there is a reason why childbirth was the number one cause of death for women + children for CENTURIES!! Try the birthing ball, hands + knees, keep your hips moving, head to tub when things start getting really ugly. Have your support person massage your back or put pressure on your knees if you're laying down.... Anyway-- a girl as tough as you will do awesome. Just stick with it. And when you think you're going to die, you're most likely at the very end! Can't wait to hear about your experience-- GOOD LUCK!!!!

Jer + Lu said...

ps-I know you're a Ragnar guru-- I just posted my pics from this year's race-- check it out!