But for any Sex and the City fans out there, it might be worth a listen. Here's what you'll hear:
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Sex and the City Sountrack Review...I'm NESTING like crazy over here!
Hi there! Sorry I've been avoiding you, little blog. My nesting instinct kicked into high gear about two weeks ago, so I've been busy painting, building bunk beds, designing closet organization systems, forgetting dentist appointments, making homemade freezer jam, taking my son to swim lessons and soccer practice, trying to sell a car so we can upgrade to a mini van, reading hypnobirthing books, and trying to avoid my good friend, Murphy. You know, the guy that visits when you don't want him to? I'm due with this baby a week from tomorrow. My husband is running a relay race this Friday and Saturday. So I'm telling myself that the baby isn't coming until Sunday or later. For the first time EVER I'm not in a hurry to give birth!
With my first, I tried EVERYTHING to go into labor. I even resorted to drinking castor oil. With this one, I'm perfectly content to keep her inside. I feel great. I'm really enjoying being a mother of two. And my house is in shambles due to my crazy 39-weeks-and-nesting instincts, so I need a week to get my life in order!
Looming in the back of my mind has also been my obligation to post a review of an album I received in the mail, courtesty of the One2OneNetwork a few weeks ago. I have to be honest. I've never even watched an episode of Sex and the City, I didn't see the first movie, and don't plan on seeing the new one. If I HAD seen the movie, and if I'd LOVED the movie, or felt any sort of attachment to the characters and story, then I probably really would have loved the soundtrack. But I didn't see it, and I didn't love the music. There were a few fun songs, but I probably won't be rocking out to it again anytime soon. (And it definitely won't be my choice labor and delivery music...nor will I be RUNNING to it--I'm so excited to RUN again...in the near future).
When I first saw the names of Leona Lewis, Alicia Keys, and Jennifer Hudson, I was pretty excited to get this soundtrack. And there were definitely a few great songs, but nothing I personally would fork over any money for. But that's just me.
What about you? Are you a Sex and the City fan? And more importantly...any last bits of advice before I enter the world of THREE kids vs. TWO parents? What about labor and delivery? I'm going all natural this time around if everything goes as planned. What are your experiences? Give me some POSITIVE words of advice...I'll take all I can get!
I'll let you know when the baby's here, and I'll check back in before then if I can pull myself away from the major house projects! (And good luck to reader Jill who's also due next week!)