Saturday, December 20, 2008

The EIGHTH Day Of Fitness...diet resolutions!

Happy Saturday morning! It's the last weekend for holiday shopping...eeeeeek! Are you ready? Ready or not, Christmas will be here in a few days!!!!! So I'll keep this short and sweet.
How many of you have started a "diet" and failed? I actually really love reading diet books (not to mention the non-diet-yummy-bad-for-you-cook-books). Actually following a "DIET," however, is a different story! I once tried the first phase of the South Beach Diet. I was miserable. All I could think about was food...the food I wasn't allowed to have! I actually did lose some weight, but was much happier when I stopped "being on a diet" and started just "eating healthy" (and let's be honest...sometimes not so healthily...).
I get lots of good info. from MizFit. Including a link to this diet-related contest.

Have you made a New Year resolution to achieve long-term wellness and weight loss but never achieved your goal? You’re not alone. According to a recent study conducted by Zone Diet, more than half of Americans have made a similar diet proclamation with 3 in 4 of those who failed, blaming it on a lack of willpower.

Zone Diet wants to help you achieve your weight loss goals and would love to hear your story! Simply submit a 300-word essay on upcoming New Year's resolutions, past challenges with New Year’s resolutions and dieting, and why Zone Diet will offer you the best wellness and weight-loss solution.

You and a guest will be automatically entered to win a trip on the Zone Cruise to the Caribbean with Dr. Barry Sears, creator of the Zone Diet. Your Caribbean adventure will include fun and relaxation, three tropical ports of call and exquisite gourmet Zone cuisine every day of the cruise. Most importantly, the seven-day cruise will help you embark on your new Zone Lifestyle with unforgettable presentations and personal weight loss consultations all aboard the new, ultra-luxurious Celebrity Solstice, the latest addition to Celebrity Cruises’ fleet.

Submit your story by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 10, 2009.

WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF ONE OF US WON THIS???? Maybe I'm wrongly assuming here, but I don't think I'm the only one who's ever fallen off the dieting wagon. I don't know that the ZONE DIET is necessarily the way to go, but hey--it's a free cruise, with lots of free fun (and a few dieting tips along the way!)

If you're interested, check it out! And happy Saturday shopping! (Unless you're one of those amazing/annoying people who's already done)! And if anyone decides to enter the zone contest, I'm sure all of us (including our fit-a-licious readers) would love to give feedback on your essay! What would you do if you won a cruise? I personally would SLEEP and enjoy the kid-free quietness!

No comments: