- Arginine may protect against heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes. It may also slow the aging process. Arginine is 1,000 times more powerful than any naturally occurring antioxidant in the body.
- Arginine increases the production of nitric oxide by the endothelium. This keeps your arteries more elastic, which helps with blood flow and blood pressure.
- It can improve memory...especially long-term memory!
- Since many complications associated with diabetes are related to the vascular system, it may help with it's treatment and prevention. It may also help regulate insulin secretion in the pancreas.
- It improves prostate function.
- It boosts human growth hormone (HGH) production to normal levels.
- It helps the immune system.
- It helps lower LDL and serum cholesterol levels.
- It can improve male sexual performance!
- It's anticoagulant abilities can reduce clotting, thus lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke!
- It reduces pregnancy-related high blood pressure!
- It helps asthma (and other lung disorders) by opening pulmonary pathways.
- It helps prevent and heal hemorrhoids by relaxing overly tight sphincter muscles! (Yay!)
- It promotes lean muscle mass and preserves bone density. USEFUL COMPONENT IN WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND STRENGTH TRAINING!
- Helps speed up wound healing and recovery after surgery.
- Helps improve athletic performance!
- It may prevent and possibly reverse the effects of osteoporosis by helping increase bone density!
- It has been used to treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Phew...this isn't even a complete list.
I'm not about to stop worrying (it's a disease, remember?). And I don't think any supplement should replace healthy habits. But I'm sleeping a little better (literally) knowing that we actually can have more control over our heart health than I realized!