On the SEVENTH Day of Fitness, FitMePink Blog gave to Me...7 tips for when you're THIRSTY!
That's right, FitMePeeps...today, I'm talking about WATER! I don't know about you, but when it's 2 degrees outside, the last thing I really want is ice-cold water! That's exactly how freeeeezing it was a few weeks ago as I headed to the gym at dark-o-thirty in the morning. But I drank anyway. When I'm exercising, it's usually easy to remember to drink. But whether you're exercising or not, it's so important to stay hydrated! Here are a few reasons to keep you drinking this winter (WATER, that is...)
- WEIGHT LOSS! If you're trying to lose weight, water should be your best friend! It's an appetite suppressant, and ZERO calories! Sometimes when you THINK you're hungry, you might just be thirsty! Drink water before eating...always!
- ENERGY! Water is a form of fuel for the body. If you're dehydrated, you're much more likely to feel tired. If you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Keep drinking!
- NATURAL HEADACHE CURE! Often, a symptom of dehydration is a splitting headache! Before reaching for the pills, drink some water!
- DIGESTION! Water helps keep you regular...'nuff said!
- HEALTHIER SKIN!
- BETTER EXERCISE! You'll be able to work harder, and more efficiently if you're drinking water while you work out. Even if you're a swimmer, you still need to drink water...at least a cup every 15 minutes! Drink some before, during, and after exercise.
- YOUR BODY CAN'T FUNCTION WITHOUT IT!
If you have a hard time drinking water, try these tips:
- Carry a bottle with you. My favorite is the Camelbak. I just bought some for my kids, too. They LOVE them, and carry them around to drink all day. It's more fun to drink out of a cute bottle!
- If you don't like the taste, add flavor! Try fresh fruits like lime, lemon, orange, blood orange, tangerines, pineapple, or whatever fruit you like. You can also add mint leaves, or cucumber like they do at the spa.
- Start slowly. If you're not a water drinker now, start by upping your water intake by one extra glass a day.
One extra motivation for me right now, is that water helps relieve pregnancy nausea! When I start to feel sick, I take a few sips, and I usually feel better! Yay for water!