CLEAN YOUR FACE NATURALLY via The Oil-Cleansing Method! Yes...it sounds a little strange to consider cleaning your face WITH oil, especially if your skin is already oily. But OIL isn't actually the culprit of oily skin! According to acne.org, oil actually dissolves oil, and when done properly, the Oil Cleansing Method can clear the skin of issues like oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, blackheads, whiteheads, and other problems caused by mild to moderate acne. Your skin will be properly balanced, moisturized, and healthy. The most popular blend of oils for this method is castor oil and extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- If you have normal skin, use a one-to-one ratio of castor oil and EVOO.
- If you are acne prone, or have oily skin, use less EVOO. Try three parts castor oil to one part EVOO.
- If your skin is dry, try using one part castor oil to three parts EVOO.
- Apply a small amount to DRY skin (don't splash with water first). Gently rub it in for about a minute.
- Wet a washcloth with hot (not scalding) water, and apply it to your face for about a minute as it steams out your pores, removes dead skin cells, and other impurities.
- Rinse the washcloth, and wipe your face off.
MAKE YOUR OWN TOOTHPASTE! Simplemom uses this recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of Stevia Powder
- A few drops of pure peppermint extract
Mix it all together until it's just like toothpaste!
MAKE YOUR OWN DEODORANT! (As found on eHow.com)
- Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 1/4 cup cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add coconut oil, a Tablespoon at a time until all the dry ingredients have been mixed in (about 4-6 Tbsp.)
- If you want more scent, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Make sure your coconut oil is in it's solid form. It has a melting point of 76 degrees F. You may need to refrigerate it at first.
- The easiest way to apply the deodorant is to pack it into an old, empty deodorant/anti-perspirant container. Shape into a curve with a spoon, and apply as usual!
What natural remedies have you tried? Which of these are you going to try next? Or do you think it's all ridiculous given the modern conveniences of our day?