- Races give me a reason to run. It's a lot easier to get out and run long distances when I know that I'm working towards something. (i.e. working towards not collapsing on the course!)
- Races are a concrete way to track my running progress.
- Race-day endorphins are addicting!
- Crossing the finish line--no matter how long the race--puts me on a high for days!
- Being a runner in a race is a lot more fun than being a spectator!
- I love being surrounded by hundreds of other runners headed for the same finish line!
- Lots of people don't care about it, but I love the special shirt I get just for running the race!
- I love finish line treats!
- I love the finisher medal.
- I love feeling like I actually accomplished what I set out to do.
- I love seeing my cute family at the end!
- Finish lines ALWAYS make me cry.
After the 5K tomorrow, I have one last race to finish the season. My husband and I (along with 10 others) are running in the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay. I can't wait!
If you've never run a race, start with a 5K. You just might cross the finish line and go sign up for a marathon!
Have you ever run a race? Are you addicted, or did you swear off running forever?
For more fit-me-running tips, go here!