- My Polar Heart Rate Monitor. If you don't know how much I love it, you haven't been reading my blog long enough. When asked recently by a friend what she should do to lose a few pounds, I told her to GET A HEART RATE MONITOR! It is the most motivating piece of equipment I've ever used. I'm a number girl, and I LOVE knowing how many calories I've burned, how high my heart rate got, the percentage of calories that were fat calories, etc. I work out longer and harder than I would without it. I asked my parents for it for Christmas two years ago, and I've only worked out a few times without it...I literally almost drove back home to get it...I feel nekkid without it! I know my body better because of it, and would recommend it to anyone...whatever the fitness level!
- The Garmin 305 Forerunner. Okay, so I haven't actually used this yet. But I got it for my husband for Christmas (if only he read my blog...), and I can't wait to share it with him! To me, the beauty of running on a treadmill is knowing exactly how fast I'm running, and how far I've gone. With the forerunner, you can know this while running outside! I've always estimated distance based on time, but now I won't go even 1/10 of a mile further than planned! It also has a built in heart rate monitor, so my arms won't be loaded up with extra watches. Did I mention that this gift is for my husband? I can't wait to "give" it to him! They actually have newer models with smaller watches, but they're a lot pricier for the same outcome. I got mine on sale at amazon for &139.99. Several months ago, they had it at REI for $130. It won't get much cheaper than that. If you're interested, watch for deals...it's pricey, but worth it!
- My blender! I rarely go a day without using my blendtec blender! I use it to grind wheat, make soup, make my own peanut butter, make amazing smoothies, and homemade not-exactly-as-they-appear pancakes. I LOVE IT! My mom and sister both have the vitamix which I also love (pictured above). It does just as much as the blendtec, if not more. However, I've also heard great things about the magic bullet. It doesn't grind wheat, but is a great compact blender.
- My running skirt. There's just something about feeling cute when you work out. I have to say, however, that I prefer the "athletic" style skirts. Under the skirt are compression shorts instead of just the running brief. I wore my skirt with the briefs in a race, and ended up with some seriously chafed inner thighs! Plus, I can wear the skirts with the shorts to any workout...Yoga would not be pretty otherwise!
- Good socks. The first pair of actual running socks I ever purchased were Balega socks. They are still my favorite pair to run in. Good socks are a must when working out. I never get blisters, don't have overly sweaty feet, and will never go back to regular cotton socks. Another brand of socks I've come to love is Sof Sole. I was lucky enough to receive several pairs of socks to try out, and I've loved each and every one.
- Shoe insoles. This is actually a new favorite. Several months ago, I received some Sof Sole Performance Insoles to try out. I ran a lot last summer, and my knees were starting to seriously feel it. After a long run late in September, my knees ached for days. Before the Ragnar Relay in October, I decided to finally give the insoles a try. My knees did not hurt AT ALL during the race, and haven't bothered me since. My shoes don't feel any different, the inserts are comfortable, and they're absorbing a lot of the hard impact of running...instead of my knees! Yay!
The list could go on...I have definite favorite workout videos, workout equipment, healthy snack choices, etc. But for now, that will have to suffice. But I have good news! Because Sof Sole generously sent me SO MANY great products to try, I'm going to pass some along to you!
For the first winner, I have ONE PAIR of The Sof Sole Airr® insole featuring their revolutionary air chamber technology with a Coolmax® fabric cover (pictured above). Air chambers in the heel and arch provide extra comfort while maximizing shock absorption! The Coolmax® fabric cover absorbs moisture and provides breathability. I really love mine. The insole I have is a Women's Insole for shoe sizes 5-7.5. If this doesn't fit you, it would make a great Christmas gift! (Retail Price: $24.99)
For the second winner, I have a package containing 3 pairs of Women's Multi Sport Liner Performance Socks! They fit Women's Shoe Sizes 5-10, are made of natural bamboo for wicking and comfort, and have a seamless toe! And my favorite part? THEY'RE PINK! (Retail Price: $9.99)
- For one entry, leave a comment below telling me how you would use the shoe insoles and/or the cute pink socks!
- For a second entry, follow this blog (and leave a comment with the word "follow").
- For a third entry, post a link to the contest on your blog (and leave a comment with the link).
- For a fourth entry, post a link on facebook or twitter (and let me know in the comments).
The random winners will be announced on Friday, December 11th. Good luck, and I hope you win!